What dealer do you recommend?

Titanship

Who is your top choice, when buying new gear? In my mind, the most important factors are: 1) SERVICE 2) PRICE 3) KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF (somebody's gotta be) 4) CANDY.

titan,
PEACE

If you want sales guys who know their shit then try Mercenary Audio, E.A.R. or some of the other boutique dealers. The only big place with decent sales guys that I know of is Sweetwater.

I usually take it for granted that the sales guy is full of shit and do my own research. Then I just buy from whoever is cheapest and has a good return policy.

You'll find a lengthy thread about this very issue, which I started about two weeks ago. Good luck. J.

Yo Titanfellowship:]

[Isn't Titan a big moon someplace?]

I've dealt with Sweetwater and I have to say I had some interesting tales with them, as well as sales. I even had the President call me personally when I wrote a letter about the weak-minded managers I had a run in with. Chuck Surrack [sp] was very nice and took care of the problem in 20 seconds.

But, my grind with a salesperson carried on as the Management would not give me a different salesperson to work with. So, I changed my flow of money to Full Compass.

I deal with a great gal there named, Heather Peske, Ext 1138.

In comparison pricing, the lowest price I am quoted comes from Full Compass, usually.

I keep getting mail and even calls from Sweetwater; however, I have a long memory.

Green Hornet

:D :cool: :p :p :p

"I usually take it for granted that the sales guy is full of shit and do my own research. Then I just buy from whoever is cheapest and has a good return policy."

I hear you Tex!

"You'll find a lengthy thread about this very issue, which I started about two weeks ago. Good luck. J."

Jeff, Where can I find the thread? thanks.

"I've dealt with Sweetwater and I have to say I had some interesting tales with them, as well as sales. I even had the President call me personally when I wrote a letter about the weak-minded managers I had a run in with. Chuck Surrack [sp] was very nice and took care of the problem in 20 seconds.

But, my grind with a salesperson carried on as the Management would not give me a different salesperson to work with."

Green-et,
I deal with Sweetwater too. I've always been taken care of with problems. As in my new Alesis HD-24, that had NO POWER! They sent a new one quickly. Also, with the same order, I got a Lexicon MPX200 with a LOUD buzz/hum coming from the unit itself. Replacement is on the way!

It's just nice to have other options.
Thanks, (moon)titan
PEACE

T-ship, you can find the lengthy list of dealer suggestions
on page 3 of these posts (see page bottom of the home screen
for this group).

J.

Yo All:

Forgot to mention a little mentioned place to buy gear:

Grandma's.

I've bought a couple of small items from them and they seemed to be up front and no boolooney!

Green Hornet:D :p :p

What's nice is when you find a dealer where you get advice that IS accurate and insightful, and not just aimed at encouraging you to spend the most money. I shop at a few places in the Boston area, but the bulk of my money usually ends up at:

Parson's Audio
Wellesley, MA

Rick Scott is my contact there, but I've also been treated extremely well by Tony Belmonte of Pro Audio Design, and PK at the "secret" high-end gear hideout in Allston owned by Guitar Center.

If you need any synths check out www.synthony.com and talk to Zon. He's a great guy who I have known for years and he does a lot of the factory patches for many of the popular Virtual Analog synths.

Back