WHAT CAUSES DROPOUTS ????

What Causes Dropouts?

Having to many tracks playing playing at once is a big reason for dropouts, or having a number of muted tracks. muted tracks still place a load on your computer even though their not playing. So if you have tracks that you want to keep for later editing but don't need them for now, you can "achive" them which mutes them but puts no load on your computer so you can have more tracks that are actually playing. If you just have a lot of instruments playing, you can "mixdown" (or combine) some of the tracks and archive the originals, incase you find something you want to change later. Another cause of dropouts is having more than about 8 Realtime Effects going at one time. "Applying the effects" after you get them the way you like them should fix the problem. These are a few of the things I could think of, I hope their helpful.

There are many other possible reasons for dropouts -- slow hard drive transfer time, slow front-side bus, sound card clock problems, improper sound card configuration, other applications running in the background... I'm sure I've left a few out...

Back