What cable do I use with the 3630?

Landie

I own 2-3630's, an SR-16 and the Midiverb III. I've unpacked this and many other pieces of equipment after a long time. I can't tell which Alesis power cable goes to which unit.

I have 1 power cable that says 9vac 830ma and the rest that say 10vac 7.5va. The back of each unit has 9vac where the power cable plugs in. Please help me? Thank you in advance.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Actually - I wouldn't worry about it... the 3630s sound SO MUCH better unplugged anyways!!!

:p

Bruce

I knew I'd see that post before I even opened the thread. ;)

The one you want is the 9vac 830ma adapter (definitely).

And as long as we're 3630 bashing, I may as well put in trailer-folk type suggestion for anyone who's lost their adapter and can't easily get their hands on a replacement.

1) Go to Radio Schmack (I said the "R" word), buy their 9vac 1300 ma adapter they sell for the Nintendo 64, grab one of their little "L" adapters (the one that fits into your 3630) and one of their adapter extension cords, then splice them together (make sure you use lots of electrical tape :) ).

Viola, one trailer-trash replacement for the 3630 adapter. for about 20 bucks. It's cheesy looking, but it works.

Here's what you do. Lock yourself in a room with the 3630 and a mirror. Look in the mirror and see what you saw. Take that saw and cut the fucker up. Thanks,

Two of em? Oh Shit. Everyone here knows that the Nanocompressor is far superior. Bluebear has 24 of them too. And he likes them. He likes them alot. He likes to have one for each track. Ok enough Sha-NANO-Gins.

He he he
:p

9 volts would be the guess on a serious note.

Fangar

Back