• MAKE DEMO'S

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • JUST HAVING FUN

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTTIGHT

I HAVE JUST STARTED MY OWN LABEL. IT'S HARD TO FIND PEOPLE THAT IS MAKING A PROFIT OR SALING MUSIC AT ALL, SO I ASK YOU "WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

I'm somewhere in between "producing for some artists" and "making demos."

I've "produced" demos for friends in the past, but recently I have been approached by 2 established artists to co-produce/write/arrange material for their upcoming albums. The first is a friend from high school who has had a single nominated for Best Song and is about to begin his second album. The second is a friend from my university who has had a #1 song and is starting to work on demos for her third album. BUT nothing is finished and nothing is anywhere near being released.

I have worked on semi-major releases (released on a major label but not heavily promoted) before, but not producing, instead writing lyrics. One of the projects was for a girl who is currently considered to be THE biggest female pop singer in the country. The song was even chosen as a promotion song... had a music video made for it and everything. But, since it was an English language release, it was not given full attention from the label.

Hopefully within the next year I'll be able to say "produced for some artists."

THANK YOU

I thought it would have been many more responses. Anyway I want to thank the few of you who did participate in the poll. Me starting my own family based Label I did not have alot of outside influence. So I look at this as my support group. I am releasing my first project for sell to the public. It will only be in the local area, then hopefully up and down the East Coast. I will definitly let you all know how it goes.
THANK AGAIN
JUSTTIGHT ENT.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back