What are they thinkin'!

Henri Devill

I was buyin' my son a bass guitar{Guitar center for the hearing impared} and I strolled over to the recording section..I was looking at the mics and ..what the hell...Nuemann's prices have gone thru the roof!900.00 something for a tlm103..2000.00 something for M147 are they nuts..I didnt like these mics at the prices they were..Im sure and hell not interested now!To think one time I was interested in a M149...No F'in way man

Don

Henri Devill said:
I was buyin' my son a bass guitar{Guitar center for the hearing impared} and I strolled over to the recording section..I was looking at the mics and ..what the hell...Nuemann's prices have gone thru the roof!900.00 something for a tlm103..2000.00 something for M147 are they nuts..I didnt like these mics at the prices they were..Im sure and hell not interested now!To think one time I was interested in a M149...No F'in way man

Don

I've got to agree. Their prices have made them irrelevant for the most part. I was going to put together some reviews of Neumann products for Mojo Pie but changed my mind in light of the increases.

Mercenary quit carrying Neuamann products over this situation. Steve Albini has kind of ribbed Mercenary for not having the best prices. Yet, Neumann's prices and policies on this were too much for Mercenary.

There should be no substantial prices increases in this economy.

Steve, Mojo Pie

What did a TLM 103 used to cost?
How significant of an increase are we talkin about. A few weeks ago a local place quoted me at 1200 Canadian. Is that the newly increased price?

Kinda weird that just when we get all these cheaper chineese imports that reviewers are saying sound so close to Newmann and a slow economy they go ahead and RAISE their prices?

The only thing I can figure is this. They said "sales are down because of all this new competition. They only people who are buying us are those who are buying us for our reputation no matter the cost. So the way to keep up our revenue and actually enhance our reputation as the best mic no matter the cost is to increase the cost!"

If you were thinking about the M149 at the older prices, the two lower cost Soundelux (specifically the U195 and iFET7) are excellent IMO considering the level of outstanding sonic quality they provide.

Nathan Eldred
atlasproaudio.com

Neumann are doing the classic. They think that people will pay anything for the name. Neumann is now one step closer to closing its doors. They are outclassed in almost every way now.

Back