what am i doing wrong

Niimo

help i'm fuckin irritated. just got a mx2442a mixer and tried to connect it to my mr-8 with 1/4" plugs to input a and b. but when i hit record and play i get nothing. nothing!! i've read the damn manuals and came up with nothing what am i doing wrong. thanks for the help

Please describe your signal chain. ie. Mic>>>>>>Preamp>>>>>>>>Mixer OUTs>>>>>>.recorder INs etc.

Let us know more and we may be able to help you. Which outputs from the mixer are you using?

Did you arm the track? Did you adjust the gain? What about the mixer, did you adjust the gain, the channel volume, the main volume?

Just some troubleshooters.

well i'm running my vamp 2 left and right outputs direct into my mixer on channels 1 and 2. i've got my mixer gains and eq set the way i want. i've got sound into and out of my mixer. i can monitor the mixer output with headphones and a pair of monitors that i have plugged direct into monitor/control room out left and rights. but its really quiet. i'm assuming thats just because i don't have a power amp to go in between the monitors and mixer. but i digress. i've connected my mr-8 from the main outs in the mixer (left and right) into inputs a and b on the mr-8. i tried arming tracks 1 and 2 and tried arming 5 and 8 (5and 8 are paired on the mr-8). but for reasons unbenownced to me i get no signal showing up on the meters in my mr-8. i hope this makes sense. thanks for the help.

have you tapped the record button on the MR? Sorry if you know that already, but you need to have the track armed and record hit to monitor the sound.

Can you see the signal getting to the MR8 at all (track 1 and 2 bars going up and down as you play?)

Daav

then the signal is not getting through the input bus on the MR8. Eitehr not getting out of the mixer or not strong enough through the unbalanced inputs on the MR8 (but you don;t need much of a signal to get at least get SOMETHING through the MR8 to make the bars move to show the input).

if you can hear the mix with headphone through the mixer and don;t have to crank the headphone volume then something wierd is happening. Try to plug instruments or whatever straight into the inputs of the MR8, if they show the moving bars and you can hear them, then you at least know that the MOR8 is functioning normally.

Oh wait, you don't have the MR8 in mastering mode do you?

Assuming that isn't the case, most mixers ahve several out options, main out, control room etc, switch through these and see if that works. Do you ahve any switchtes that route to control room vs main? Try to switch them out.

I have the same kind of setup working with a berrie mixer and it works pretty well. Whatever it is is probably jsut a button set wrong or something.

Daav

well my mixer is a behringer mx2442 and i have the main mix buttons depressed. is this correct? i also havetwo more buttons labeled 1-2 and 3-4. what do these buttons do? the only way that i've found i can get any sound from the mixer is if i have the main mix buttons depressed. but i am very new to this thing and the manual for the mixer is less than overly explainatory.

Back