what am i doing wrong in sound forge?

lilcapn

so i'm using a Presonus Firestation to go into a laptop, recording mostly little keyboard lines (casio style) into Soundforge to add to tracks i've got going in Acid.

it appears to work fine, but then when i play it back it's like at half-speed or something... everything is set up at 48 khz (soundforge and acid) so that should be compatible -- are there other parameters i'm likely not having set correctly?

thanks!

ps someone just told me i can record directly into acid -- i'm clearly new at this, and i'd successfully loaded other audio into soundforge before so i was trying to stick with what i knew, but it aint workin'

Hmmm. So, If I understand - you are importing these wavs into ACID after recording them in Sound Forge, right?

Sound Forge has a function called "ACID Properties" or something to that effect, which will affect how ACID sees this file when you put it into ACID - so try checking off the "one shot" button in SF ACID properties and save it. Open it in ACID, and see if that does the trick.

Brad

As Brad said, you will need to make the file a ONE-SHOT.

I will explain two ways of doing this....

1. This is the way that you have been doing it.... RECORD into SF> SAVE.
In ACID goto EXPLORER TAB> find WAV.>double-click to IMPORT into ACID> draw the WAV. file> click on (HIGHLIGHT) the drawn WAV.> goto TRACK PROPERTIES TAB>GENERAL TAB>TRACK TYPE>ONE-SHOT

But....................... I would do it this way.

2. I would do ALL of my recording in ACID 4.0. Therefore, your recordings will already be ONE-SHOTS or BEAT-MAPPED. If you need to edit the recorded material you can highlight the WAV. then goto TOOLS>Edit in Sound Forge 6.0

Peace.....

spin

Back