what about studio projects?

Dunno about your particular models, but the B1 is quite the nice little mic, built like a tank and sounds good, too. Randy Yell adores his TB-1, do a search for some of his posts and see. Lots of folks like the C series from SP, as well. Hard to go wrong for the prices! :)

Yup,I do love my TB-1.The only other vocal condensers that I own are a Marshall 2001P (which I hate) and an Audio Technica 3525 (which is a pretty nice mic) and the TB1 blows them away.The AT is nice but very neutral sounding but the TB1 while it isn't harsh in the least is much more present sounding.I really like this mic.

I own the B-1 and have tested a C-1. I liked both of them. To my untrained ears, the C-1 had a slightly more polished sound, really well suited to vocals. But I admit, it resembled the V-67G I already own, so I decided against buying it now.

The B-1 for $80 is a tremendous deal. It's versatile enough to be used for a variety of sources, including of course vocal, acoustic guitar and micing an amp (though I haven't recorded it on an amp yet, others have and have reported good results.)

Fab

Back