Wharfedale problem

sonis_youth

I got a pair of Wharfedale pro active 8.2's a couple of days ago and I have a really weird problem. One of them give a some sort of noise, a kind of sreetching sound when playing back electric guitar recorded through a microphone. I tried everyting, the cables, moving it around etc. I have got this problem with only one of them, the other plays it just fine. And the weird thing is that it plays all the other things fine, acoustic guitar, bass, drummachine even cd's. What the (*^% is the problem, why does it only have problems with electric guitar? Someone had this problem?

Try running a long 20-20kHz sweep signal through it and see if you can isolate the frequency that it's happening at.

Not that it'll fix the problem, but you might find out what the problem is...

Im not jumping to conclusions or trying to start anything but is it possible that Wharfdale has quality control issues? I've noticed more threads about them being damaged/not working properly lately than any other product (even Behringer, YIKES). I guess it could be chalked off to the large number of people on the site who have bought them.
Massive Masters Idea sounds like a good one. Just for the record, you werent monitoring out loud while you were tracking with the mic in the same room were you? I was thinking maybe one of your tracks got a little feedback but maybe not.

Massive Master said:
Try running a long 20-20kHz sweep signal through it and see if you can isolate the frequency that it's happening at.

Not that it'll fix the problem, but you might find out what the problem is...

I/m not really an expert, how do I do that exactly?

sonis_youth said:
Oh well nevermind, I sent it back for repair.
When you find out what the problem is, please post it here so other Wharfedale monitor owners (such as myself) will know about it, should we experience such a problem with ours in the future. Thanks.

Back