Whammy + Wah-Wah=?

toyL

Anyone here ever tried to use their whammy pedal at the same time as their wah-wah pedal? I have a digitech whammy and a vox wah-wah, and if you're pretty light on your feet you can make some killer waves. A bit tricky, but check it out for those extended lead solos.

I've heard it done! Check out The Union Underground. They do that kind of stuff in some of their songs.

cephus said:
Like when you can't think of any more actual notes to play?
Yeh, well you do have to pretty much abandon the "hum-drum" linear modality, and push yourself more along the lines of pure musical expression; but, just because even Steve Vai would have trouble writing it out in notation doesn't mean it can't/won't come across as killer shit; but, then again--notes are notes no matter how they oscillate, etc.

metalhead28 said:
I think that nothing sounds much worse than a Whammy Pedal, so no, I haven't tried it. :D
I take it you've never heard Jeff Beck's live version of a "Day in the Life"?

there's these guys...i think they're called rage against the something something...i think their guitarist might do something like that here and there

honestly though - whammy pedals are fucking great when combined with a wah. and/or delay. and/or reverb.

now that i think of it, i'm kind of with metalhead on this one - whammy pedals can sort of suck by themselves, but are totally awesome when used in conjunction with other effects

Ironklad Audio said:
there's these guys...i think they're called rage against the something something...i think their guitarist might do something like that here and there

honestly though - whammy pedals are fucking great when combined with a wah. and/or delay. and/or reverb.

now that i think of it, i'm kind of with metalhead on this one - whammy pedals can sort of suck by themselves, but are totally awesome when used in conjunction with other effects

lol.......

I went and saw a band recently where the guy had a talk box, a wireless AND a wah and he used them all in the first song (not to mention playing behind his head and walking all around the room playing his guitar in the faces of the divorced alcoholic bar hags. The guy was 50 years old and had absolutely no game at all.

See, I can appreciate adding some ketchup to a decent burger, but if there is no meat, then it's just condiments.

If you can play I apologise. It just sounded like someone who was using his debit card in leu of learning to actually play.

No apology needed, but I appreciate the courtesy. You've shown more good manners than a lot of other members on these boards.

Back