Welcome...

Now, on the scale of compare/contrast, Joe Biden & FDR, if one would choose to even go there, I'm thinking the needle points to dumb.

To be fair, I don't think anyone has accused Biden of being a mastermind, of anything.
Your own orange hero has….when it’s convenient for him to do that of course….to be fair. :rolleyes:

Or do you only pay attention to what he says when it's convenient to you? He has taught you well, I see. :eek:

By the way, Mick, I don't have any hostility towards you. My posts seem to directed at you because I'm responding to your posts. But I'm not talking to/about "YOU". It's more towards the collective "YOU".

I actually told myself I would stay out of any political discussion/stupidity. And I've done pretty well until now. But sometimes, I have trouble holding back. I should have made more of an effort to stay out of it because I honestly, really just find the whole thing a laughable fucking circus, regardless of what "side" anyone is on. I honestly can't believe anyone would idolize any of these sleezebags.

Last edited:
When you have a job, say you work for ‘Mike’s Hardware store’, you show up every day to work. Yours is the face the public sees. Mike is never seen.
You do what Mike says if you want him to continue signing your checks.

Politics is just like that. The donor class writes the checks. The politicians are the faces the public sees.

Yet somehow we will believe that the politicians are actually running the show.

But in reality, they’re just doing what the boss is paying them to do.

I know this is a simplistic view, but so many forget this reality.

Your own orange hero has….when it’s convenient for him to do that of course….to be fair. :rolleyes:

Or do you only pay attention to what he says when it's convenient to you? He has taught you well, I see. :eek:

As sad as it may or may not seem, I have no heroes. In part, it would be an unfair imposition, and only lead to personal disappointment. We're all flawed, each and every one, it's baked into the cake. The at times struggle, understanding and forgiveness.

I forgive you. :D

By the way, Mick, I don't have any hostility towards you. My posts seem to directed at you because I'm responding to your posts. But I'm not talking to/about "YOU". It's more towards the collective "YOU".

I actually told myself I would stay out of any political discussion/stupidity. And I've done pretty well until now. But sometimes, I have trouble holding back. I should have made more of an effort to stay out of it because I honestly, really just find the whole thing a laughable fucking circus, regardless of what "side" anyone is on. I honestly can't believe anyone would idolize any of these sleezebags.
Oh man...don't walk away now. I was hoping an intelligent conversation would take hold.

Okay I'll start: What do you suppose is the reasoning behind the Obama/Biden softened stance vis Iran?

Oh man...don't walk away now.
It's not a matter of walking away, brother. I really shouldn't have walked in in the first place. I used to be a little too much into political banter, and was a pretty extreme conspiracy theorist (I even doubled down pretty hard about the moon landing being fake. I've since been educated and credit myself for allowing myself to admit I was wrong).

So, I can empathize with people who get caught up in the whole "My definition of "research" is only watching things that will tell me what I want to hear" syndrome. People on every side of every issue are guilty of it.

But I have never seen people be so blindly misled, lied to, and gaslit as all these people defending an obvious criminal, self-serving, narcissistic, lying, con man. It's beyond belief.
I was hoping an intelligent conversation would take hold.
That never happens. It might start that way, but it rarely takes more than 2 pages before "Libtard", "Trumptard", and "Hitler" enter the conversation.
Okay I'll start: What do you suppose is the reasoning behind the Obama/Biden softened stance vis Iran?
I have no idea.

Just to expand on what I said earlier...The problem with any of these "discussions" is that nobody wants to really exchange ideas. All everyone is trying to do is "win" an argument. It's all about the "Gotcha".

But, the thing is, some people are very good (master) debaters while others are just not articulate. But neither of those things makes someone "right" or "wrong". You can totally win an argument/debate with someone, and still be wrong.

In fact, that's pretty much politics is all about.

Last edited:
I know this is a simplistic view, but so many forget this reality.
I don't think it's a simplistic view. I think you're spot on. You and I have discussed this before. But I do understand that the particular way that all that works is fairly complicated and convoluted once you dig into it.

And I agree that many do forget - but those are the ones that even understand and/or acknowledge that in the first place. So many more don't even know, are unaware entirely.

That never happens. It might start that way, but it rarely takes more than 2 pages before "Libtard", "Trumptard", and "Hitler" enter the conversation.
We should try. A libtard and a Trumptard can have a reasonable conversation. The real point is that neither of us fit the extreme.
The problem with any of these "discussions" is that nobody wants to really exchange ideas. All everyone is trying to do is "win" an argument. It's all about the "Gotcha".
I do. I am long past giving a shit whether I win or lose an argument. I want to broaden my knowledge, my understanding.

Sounds a reasonable assessment. I might add, the Iranian attack, slowing moving, reasonably foreseen to be intercepted, it was meant to fail. Though Iran previously "warned" by Washington against an attack, with an approval from the Biden administration in Washington, DC, The United States of America. When/if Israel responds, as hoped by dark powers, the more dead Iranian bodies the better. Israel will be condemned as the aggressor.

The world is mad.

It's all good Mick. We just need to get my boy DJ in there and he will whip this situation into ship shape. He's a master at foreign policy, ya know. The best the world has ever seen... in all of human history. Knows more than anyone. No kidding. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

When/if Israel responds, as hoped by dark powers, the more dead Iranian bodies the better. Israel will be condemned as the aggressor.
But Israel already is the aggressor. They blew up the Iranian consulate in Syria on April 1st killing I believe 7.
Unless I’m wrong that’s considered an act of war under international law.

Let’s not overlook that. Pointing out facts is not antisemitism.

Pointing out facts is not antisemitism.
Exactly. And it can't be "Anti-Semitism" when these lily-white Europeans aren't even "Semites". Arabs are Semites. Real Jews are Semites. Unfortunately, they kicked all of them out when they invaded that space in 1948.

Back