Weird playback problem .....

Minion

Blow Me !!!
Hey Guys , I got a weird one for you .... I recorded a couple songs one day , Drums panned Center , 2 Guitars one panned left and one right and Bass panned center , I mix it down to .wav , play it back and it sounds fine on my Recording PC , Transfer to memory stick , then transfer to computer in house and Play and I just get a single guitar track coming through the speakers , Put memory stick in another computer and it plays back just fine ......

Other music sounds fine on the PC that I am just getting a guitar track on just these 2 songs have this problem ..... I figured if the speakers went Mono on me or something I should get Drums and Bass also because they are panned center ....

Wierd .....:eek:

If one channel has polarity inverted before the two channels are summed to mono then you only hear things that are panned to one side or the other. Anything panned center will be canceled out. Your symptoms seem to fit this scenario. This is a difference signal. You can also get this when using headphone style plugs (1/4" or 1/8") if the common ground is lifted.

That would seem logical accept that if the Phaze was reversend on one side it would be that way for every computer I played it on which is nopt the case , they play fine on all PC"s and stereo"s accept my Internet PC .... I think It must be my speakers .....

Thanx

check that your audio jack for the pc speakers isn't half in/half out (depending on your omptimistic/pessimistic persuasion.)

That would seem logical accept that if the Phaze was reversend on one side it would be that way for every computer I played it on which is nopt the case , they play fine on all PC"s and stereo"s accept my Internet PC .... I think It must be my speakers .....

Thanx

That's why I brought up the headphone plug problem. If you're using speakers with a stereo headphone style plug to connect to the computer that's a likely candidate.

To be technical, we're talking about polarity, not phase. Polarity has two states, normal or inverted, while phase varies by degrees from 0 to 360.

Back