Weird License Download Issue?

ranjam

I don't know if this has been asked before, but a quick look-see makes me think this doesn't appear to be so, so I'll ask now. If this is redundant, I apologize now.
Anyway, I tried installing LE4 that came with a Zoom product. Everything went smooth until I tried to download my license. Now I get the screwiest error message that my time and date on my computer are wrong! :confused::confused::confused: It ain't. What the heck is the problem? I checked with the Cubase Forum, and apparently many others have had this problem, and Steinberg has yet to answer anyone on how to solve this! :spank:
A few folks have mentioned downloading a new LCC from Steinberg, but apparently this does SFA, so I haven't bothered myself.
If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears, and I thank you now for any reply.

This will be my diary on how I solve it, since no one else has any answers. It may take a while, but I'll get it. I always do. First, the new LCC program doesn't do it, so now it's make sure I have all the Microsoft updates. Wish me luck!

Done :D:D:D. I feel smarter than a $100 an hour 'tech'. ;) Of all the BS systems to use a piece of software, this takes the cake. But, I did it, and now all is forgiven. I love you, Cubase.:o

The weird thing is that this same 'problem' shows up on Cubase forums, Gear Slutz forums, you name it. And freakin' no one solved it. You'd get people chime in months after the thread was started with a I have the same problem, did anyone solve it? added on. So why didn't anyone solve it? And why didn't Steinberg answer two emails I sent them asking the same thing? :confused:
Anyway, to 'solve' it I did what I swore on my Mother's grave I would never do; SP3. I always have automatic updates shut off, but I bit the bullet and did SP3. Then I read http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_date_it_overview.mspx?mfr=true and all related topics very carefully. Once I synchronized my clock and time zone, all was well with the world. My date and time didn't change; just my time zone and the synchronization. Go figure. Ableton Live came with my Fast Track Pro, and installed in a heartbeat with no screwy license issue, but Cubase LE4 is just much better.

Back