Website or MP3 board?

Smokepole

Hi folks. I'm an old fart lost in the new world. Here's my situation.

I've been a musician forever but only recently have built a studio with the help of this site and have been doing some originals.

I would like to make some of my material available to some of the boards I frequent and also eventually maybe try to market something.

I've filled out the forms over at Amazon and then stopped, now I just got off of nowhereradio, (because I saw it on another thread), and stopped short of posting my tunes. I truly am a pussy.

Actually it' my own ignorance that really is scaring me. My tunes are copyrighted but seeing as though I'm not trying to market a band, or myself just my tunes, I'm a little leery of tossing them out there. Should I be?

I was so happy with the equipment I bought from suggestions here at H.R that I thought I would just ask about my situation. I hear a lot of guys talk about their websites also. What are the pros and cons of that and how much would that usually cost.

Thanks
Joe

Smokepole,
Judging from the number of posts you have, I would think you have been around here long enough to know that nobody on this board is stupid enough to try to lift a song. Most of the people that post here, especially in the mp3 clinic, are quite capable of writing their own material. I for one can say that Nowhereradio is the best venue to expose your music and get honest feedback from people who know what it takes to make a decent recording. All in all it's just a damn decent place to hang out. Go forth......post your stuff......fear not.

bd

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant. I want to be able to post some of my stuff for constructive criticism here. I also want to post some of my work and ideas over at Guitar.com, where I spend a lopt of time. That's not my fear.

What worries me is the wide-open sites like Amazon where people are there for one reason, and it's not to check out your mix or give you some pointers. It's basically to download your material??????

What other options do I have?

Maybe I am just a little paranoid, that's why I'm posting.

Joe

I think I would just avoid those sites that are known to be like that. I'm glad to know that you feel this is not one of those sites. Furthermore, I think you will get all the constructive criticism you can handle right here.

bd

Back