Ways to get equipment to a school with no auditorium sound system

reverbdk

Hey all,

I've recently taken up the task of co-advising my high school's tech crew for theatre. The school secretary is handling the stage management side, and I am tackling the live audio end. However, it turns out that our theatre department has absolutely no sound equipment to their name. The old system in the auditorium was stolen, and so they now have to borrow equipment from the Band director anytime they need equipment for a performance. The equipment, of course, is anything but a permanent fix. It's a Behringer mixer with Behringer monitors, several Shure mics (thankfully), and two JBL house speakers.

Our tech crew club is starting from nothing, with no money, and we will be doing fundraising this year to try to purchase, piece by piece, something for our own.
Does anybody know places I can reach out to that may be up for donating old unused sound equipment, or at least would have them at a discounted price for a school?

-Brent

Have a talk to some of the larger PA Hire companies in you area, they may write off some gear your way or do an acknowledgement deal where they have a banner up somewhere during shows or in the programme.

When I wound back our live PA and lighting we gave almost the whole lighting rig to a amateur theatre company as it was not worth the effort to sell it and due to it being written down to $0 for tax purposes we would have had to have paid tax when selling it, giving it away solved that problem and help others out.

Alan.

Back