Waves WaveTune Question

Nola

Hey guys.

I'm wondering is there a way to correct a few notes in the vocal, and then lock that correction in so no further corrections are done?

The problem I am having is that I correct say 5 notes in the vocal, but then when I replay the song and listen to the mix the plugin is running in the background and correcting the entire vocal track!
I can't figure out how to lock the correction and tell it to do no more correction. I'm using Cubase.

Thanks!

Are you using the live version? On the one I have, once it has been recorded it doesn't correct the notes a second time unless you delete the recorded/saved track inside of the plugin.

Are you using the live version? On the one I have, once it has been recorded it doesn't correct the notes a second time unless you delete the recorded/saved track inside of the plugin.

No I do see the mono one on my list of plugins, but I'm using the regular one.
Maybe I should write Waves and ask them, but I don't know how good their service is with questions like this one. I guess if nobody knows in a day or so I'll write them.
Thanks!

duplicate the track. Cut every thing but the line you need to tune on the dup. Apply processing

Hi,
If memory serves WavesTune wont do OTT corrections by default but I'm also pretty sure it's not transparent either.
You'd need to let it scan the whole track then select all (in WT editor) and set correction to 0%.

You might be able to set 0% before scanning to the same effect - Have a play and see.
Once that's done you can pick and choose which notes you wish to adjust.
Its editor should have a full map of any audio on its track - That's normal.

I don't know Cubase but most daws will let you record or bounce out, or freeze/commit some effect.
If you're stuck with that part ping jimmys69. I'm sure he'll know.

Hi,
If memory serves WavesTune wont do OTT corrections by default but I'm also pretty sure it's not transparent either.
You'd need to let it scan the whole track then select all (in WT editor) and set correction to 0%.

You might be able to set 0% before scanning to the same effect - Have a play and see.
Once that's done you can pick and choose which notes you wish to adjust.
Its editor should have a full map of any audio on its track - That's normal.

I don't know Cubase but most daws will let you record or bounce out, or freeze/commit some effect.
If you're stuck with that part ping jimmys69. I'm sure he'll know.
Excellent thanks! I will try this tomorrow.

Yeah, once you get it right, just 'render in place'. Make sure the render settings are set to Channel Settings' so that the inserted effect is in the new bounced track.

Back