Waves Platinum Bundle

drpez

I just picked this bundle up and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it and if they had any words of wisdom or things that I should check out. Thanks.

Either way it's bloody fantastic!

I was bought a full version by a client and it absolutly rocks!

(Excepted as payment for work in advance to help the project).

The most important bundle in my system.

Enjoy!

Massive Master said:
Did you just spend $4200 on a TDM bundle without demo'ing them first?!?

Not defending, but people do buy things without demo'ing them just because of the reputation they have. And maybe he didn't buy the TDM version.

But yes, he should read his manual.....if he has one.

I have the Waves Gold Bundle and there is a lot of piss poor, useless plugins in this bundle... There are a few excellent ones too.

lol..........I appreciate everyone's concern for my purchasing habits....lol. What a kind and generous bunch you are. To answer your questions, I indeed demoed the Platinum Bundle before I bought it but I don't think my handful of hours messing with it at a semi-pro level can compare with the knowledge that a professional that uses it on a regular basis possesses. Call me crazy.

darnold said:
heh dont worry drpez. were all just jealous :D.

danny

Yeah, man I feel bad. The quality of my recording knowledge does not match the quality of my gear, but I'm trying to change that. I'm just a musician who's recently been given a very good recording rig and I think I would be a jackass if I didn't try and take advantage of the opportunity by learning everything I can, which is why I'm here.

Drpez, welcome to the forum. Don't be offended by the assuming tone you happened to run into in this thread. This actually is a good place.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Drpez, welcome to the forum. Don't be offended by the assuming tone you happened to run into in this thread. This actually is a good place.

Tim

Thanks for the kind words, bro.

I've got the Masters Bundle with the LinEQ, multiband and L2, all of which are in your Platinum bundle also. They're indispensable to me, and I use one or all on most things I do.

The things they do best for me:
The LinEQ's low freq filter does something really nice to the sound just by being turned on, whether boosting or cutting, and whether in bell or shelf mode. I never use more than 2-3 dB change. The bell filters in the upper part of the EQ can be really useful for notch use but I don't like their sound much otherwise. The high shelves (two types) both can sound good when cutting.

The Lin multiband is fantastic for taming overly active dynamics in the low end and low mids. I use it very gently and to my ear it works without doing anything bad to the sound. Setting the crossover points is everything though.

The L2 is kind of failsafe. As long as I don't ask it to do more than 2-3 dB of gain reduction, it also doesn't do anything bad to the sound, just controls the level.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
I've got the Masters Bundle with the LinEQ, multiband and L2, all of which are in your Platinum bundle also. They're indispensable to me, and I use one or all on most things I do.

The things they do best for me:
The LinEQ's low freq filter does something really nice to the sound just by being turned on, whether boosting or cutting, and whether in bell or shelf mode. I never use more than 2-3 dB change. The bell filters in the upper part of the EQ can be really useful for notch use but I don't like their sound much otherwise. The high shelves (two types) both can sound good when cutting.

The Lin multiband is fantastic for taming overly active dynamics in the low end and low mids. I use it very gently and to my ear it works without doing anything bad to the sound. Setting the crossover points is everything though.

The L2 is kind of failsafe. As long as I don't ask it to do more than 2-3 dB of gain reduction, it also doesn't do anything bad to the sound, just controls the level.

Tim

Awesome. Thanks so much for the help Timothy. Very cool of you. I'll apply what you told me when I go to the studio tomorrow. Take care.

Hey if you ever decide you don't like it anymore, PM me and I'll give you an address! :D

Seriously, I am jealous too. I was given Vegas 5.0, and found out it may be pirated :(

I am looking at n'track right now...

Back