Wavelab 8 64bit does not see DVD rom devices

Hi, Wavelab 8 64bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit does not see my CD/DVD writer and rom drives. Winaspi32.dll is present in both SysWOW64 and Wavelab folders itself, and other programs work perfectly with my DVD devices. Wavelab sayz "no device" in the apropriate drop down menus. I reinstalled Wavelab, still no sho' .... Any tips? - F

Hi, Wavelab 8 64bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit does not see my CD/DVD writer and rom drives. Winaspi32.dll is present in both SysWOW64 and Wavelab folders itself, and other programs work perfectly with my DVD devices. Wavelab sayz "no device" in the apropriate drop down menus. I reinstalled Wavelab, still no sho' .... Any tips? - F

It's really sad to hear this. CD-burner drivers have been a problem for Wavelab from the beginning and Steinberg does nothing to change their approach to solving this problem. All they try to do is patch it.

I had thoughts of upgrading to WLE8 with hopes that the problem is gone, but now will look at alternatives. I currently have WLE6 and can burn only one CD at a time. That's pathetic. It's pathetic that a major software company can't fix a problem that as been ongoing for almost a decade. I have never had a version of WLE that worked properly out of the box. Always have to download this or install that to get it to recognize burners. WLE6, one cd at a time, and now you're saying WL8 doesn't see your DVD burner at all.

Pathetic.

Thanks for the heads up.

Man that sux.

Chili, every system is different and Steinberg says in general that the issue was fixed in v8, but Phillipe would still not give me a solid answer as to whether it would fix my own situation. So yeah it's pretty sad (like Wavelab has always been) and your words have merit. Fiddler, mate, I'd be p*ssed off if I were you, but you should be able to fix the problem by getting even a cheap external burner or maybe do like me and dig up an older computer.

Thanks for the tips. Well as for the DVD writer i have for 2 years now is a very common rock solid proven & working ASUS DRW-24B3LT that never lets me down, and worked with Wavelab 6 OK. No 2 is an also common LiteON DVD Rom ATAPI iHOS104, also OK and with Wavelab 6 too. They have the latest drivers for my setup, and are installed and recognized in Windows 7 64. I tried the recommended registry edits you occasionally find either on places like Steinberg's site, or Microsoft BTW. No Go. Occasionally i have quite professional mastering job to to, and feel that Steinberg should fix their not that cheap software, instead of me buying other hardware that might also not work. In the past i invested in then expensive Plextor stuff, but the latest ones i owned weren't as good mechanically as in the old Windows 98SE or early Windows XP years. In those days i also remember once i had to get some setup file edited to get Wavelab 2 or so cooperate with a CD device, but that seems to be impossible to do now. I'd rather like to see if my ATAPI or ASAPI dll's have anything to do with it, like being OK and up to date. .... PS Cubase 7.5 64bit recognizes my DVD hardware OK. - F

Last edited:
Back