WaveLab 3 and Lite-On CDRW

JC Lives

Last night, I tried for the first time to burn a cd. I recorded some songs off a cassette into Cubase. I then opened the wav's in wavelab, normalized them, saved the files, and then aded them to the cd program. I then went to burn the cd. When I brought up the program, there was no cd burner to select from. I then tried to use the program that came with the burner and it was not able to read the wav files (my guess is that wavelab did something to the files).

I went to Steinberg's web and found that the drive is supported (Lite-On LTR-24102B). I downloaded the CD driver file they have listed and will try that out tonight.
My question is, has anyone encountered this situation, and do you think that the file I downloaded will resolve my problems.

Thanks in advance.

Peace
Joe

JC Lives said:
I then tried to use the program that came with the burner and it was not able to read the wav files (my guess is that wavelab did something to the files).

I'm guessing that when you tried using the program that came with your cd burner that you already had the wav opened in wavelab. This is a common problem with applications. When you are using a file in one program it restricts usage of that file in other programs to 'read only' and sometimes restricts it to no usage. To remedy this all you need to do is to close the file in wavelab then open it up in your cd burner program. Personally I would keep using the software that came with the cd burner for the cd burner, keeping those drivers updated.

Good guess

I actually figured that out since I was able to use the other program the next night. I also got my Wavelab problem fixed. I had to download the latest patch as well as the latest cd drivers. Once I got that taken care of, Wavelab recognised my cd. Thanks for your input.

Peace
Joe

Back