wav to mp3

I got Sound Forge XP 4.5, and when I tried to save my song to an mp3 file, it said you had to register. I used the same number as the program and it didn't work, so then they gave me "20 free saves" before I had to register (and pay more?). So if I have to that, I was wondering if there were any free programs I could download so I save my songs to a wav file then go from that to an mp3. That's a last resort, because I really want to know if making mp3's in SF is supposed to be already included, and if there's a different registration #, where is it?! Thanks for your help.

hey there random , well sounds like sound forge are trying to jip you there ... Theres a great program i use for going both ways , to an mp3 and from an mp3.. Its found at www.rocketdownload.com/details/musi/audiogrb.htm but just type it into a search engine , im sure theres heaps of download sites with this on.. Its quite good for making up compilation cds , cos it has a compression option , so u can adjust the levels of individual tracks ... anyway , hope that helps .. seeya

Back