.Wav export

Idgeit

Hey all,

Im trying to figure when ever i export to wav from sonar it dosent seem to come up as a regular format, anyone know of any exporting plugins or anything to fix this?

Thanks

- Idgeit

what do you mean it doesnt come as regular format, check your options while saving. You might have ended up with a some weird preset by mistake.

The possibilities are
1. your sample rate or bit rate may be different. Make sure when you save, you save in 16bit 44.1 Khz
2. save it in windows pcm wav format (I believe that is what the default is)
3. Use good software like Nero full version to burn your cds.
Lets see if any of these helps you.

that is strange. did you try selecting a different type under options when you export? did you remember to dither down to 16 bit if you are putting it on a CD (cause 24 bit won't work).

if that's not working, you could try something like i have set up. I have a tool that allows you to take files out of sonar and plug them into another program, in my case cool edit. once i bounce my final mix to track, i export that track to cool edit, do some last minute wav editing, and use cool edit to export it as mp3 or .wav, whatever tickles my fancy. if you would like that program to link the programs, i can send it to you.

thanks for the offer but i got it working :), all i had to do was change it to 16 bit and all the problems have stopped. thanks for all your help guys

- Idgeit

Back