"Watch me"

Seidy

...it's actually the name of the song. :)
We are planning to do radio cut of the song because of the long start and ending.
Recorded with:
Audix D6 - kick
Audix I5 - snare top
Senn e604 - snare bottom
2x CAD E100 - toms
Senn 421 - floor tom
2x AKG 414-XLS - oh
2x Violet The Finger - one on hihat, one as room mic
AT4050 - vocals
Kemper profiling amp - guitars and bass.
Everything running into Saffire 56+Octopre mk2 (except vocals: Avalon 737 into Saffire 24)

https://soundcloud.com/ziggy-wild/watch-me

All comments welcome :eatpopcorn:
Thanks!

It's a big sound. Great energy. Solid playing. Good singing - very good in fact.

I think there was too much gain used on the distorted guitars. I really liked the lead guitar sound though.

To me, the bass is a little bit indistinct and rumbly.

Songwise - I thought the intro and the middle break were too long. Personal taste thing.

I think raising the vocal by just a bit would help. Or maybe use a volume envelope and raise it where it's competing with the guitars.

Great sound, and a good mix. I like the raunchy blues vibe. To me this would be a great 3 minute song but 5:20 is too long and the middle section drags. The middle instrumental break isn't distinct enough from the verse/refrain to provide much contrast. Other than that though I really like the song and mix. You might experiment with adding a little more reverb to the vocal - it sounds a little dry for this kind of performance.

Thanks for the comments!
Yea, I agree with the song being too long (I actually love that middle break) and I have already suggested the band that it should be shorter, especially for radio.

I agree re the slightly fizzy tone - the guitars need more meat & less side salad. Not by much though.

its bloody great !!!

mix is spot on (bass has a supporting role in sound reinforcement) .. vocal is spot on,great voice and expression,no extra verb needed imo,im well impressed with the Kemper !!! they sound great :D

you know your shit,one of the best tracks i heard in ages,great band captured well :)

it even has cowbell :D

8th time through and its fecking brilliant :D

only thing i don't get is there's no white bits in the waveform,but it aint clipping like hell ???

looking forward to the radio edit,the long intro gives no clue to the goodness that follows ...

Shit! I forget to listen to how it sounded! :listeningmusic:

Everyone says, sound isn't half as important as feeling, and this one has enough feeling to go around for sure. Great work on the track man!

Shit! I forget to listen to how it sounded! :listeningmusic:

Everyone says, sound isn't half as important as feeling, and this one has enough feeling to go around for sure. Great work on the track man!

nail on the head right there !!! :thumbs up:

don't matter how good it sounds if the song is pants and this kicks arse :thumbs up:

btw the white bits are there today :D firefox musta crashed or sumfin :facepalm:

Unlike the majority I believe the vocals need a little work. The vocals sound very dry to me and get lost in the mix. The bass also gets lost in the mix.

There is a great deal of musical talent there. My criticism isn't meant to be negative.

Back