WARNING: HUGE DOWNLOAD (Nowhere Radio demo show: 82 mins)

Nice job Khomp.

Just wanted to jump in say that the Storm song is not me, wish it was though, really good tune....:)

Nice show, great tunes as well.

Ok, i'm busted. I didn't tag my own file. But still how many 80mb clips do you have labelled "nowhere_demo_show". I guess if you're Waldo probably quite a few. Good thinking mBrane.

Sorry skids it was recorded before we got a chance to talk about proper pronouciation. *chanting to self* "mee-ka" "mee-ka" "mee-ka". Will get it right next time.

Ok Ped is a champ just for being Ped, i have no problems with that. Yay!

So the mystery song is not lynx, anyone have any idea who owns "Storm"? Bonus points to the homewrecker who id's it.

I'll have my copy tomorrow - a friend of mine just downloaded it with his DSL connection and burned it to CD so I can hear it. My wimpy little ISDN connection wouldn't cut it - especially since Telekom's been having HUGE server issues lately. What a cool thing to do - the feedback you're getting sounds terrific - I can hardly wait to hear it - guess I'll be taking the cans to work!!

Koooool production. Really enjoyed listening to the show and enjoyed your DJ stylings a bunch! Lots of stuff I hadn't heard before and some real good ones. This place has enough talent to fill slots for quite while. Hope this idea snowballs into something big. A 7+ minute download here.

darn it Kramer... you beat me to it... I was aboot to claim my cash prize. :D

Khomp... I just noticed this thread... I'll tell my buddy that you liked Storm.

WATYF

All I can say is: this is awesome! What a great idea--executed to perfection. I've been on the outside lately and this is a great lure to spend more time here. What a great program! Kudos!

I beat your time

B.SABBATH said:
that was pretty funny! naturally I had to skip right to my tunes and commentary.. it's a private mess that I don't want anyone to know about! :D

not the tune I would have picked if asked, but cool to hear something mentioned that sounded like radio! I give ya 5 for taking the time to do this.. too cool!

thanks!

I'm listening to it as a whole now..

BTW, it took 2 mins 15 seconds to download.. anyone else beat that?

2 minutes 3 seconds.

This is great.

Just wanted to mention that submissions are still open, and will be until the end of time itself... Want to run an HR.com talk show, with tips, tricks, guests, and tunes? Whatever your idea, shout.

W.

Good Work

Took me 14 + mins. Optimum Online LI, NY cable, 96k.

I'm listening to it now. You did a lot of work, very cool.

Do you have links to these tunes when they were posted here?

Re: Good Work

junplugged said:

Do you have links to these tunes when they were posted here?

Unfortunately no, that would've been a very cool idea to link each item to it's corresponding thread.

However, i did list some by the Homerecording.com handle versus the band name. You can search for threads started by that user and probably find the thread that way if you are diligent enough

Below are the songs that names or nicknames was substituted for the poster's handle:

"No" - chrisharris
"Gossip Machine" - B.SABBATH
"Every Drop of Blood" - maryslittlesecret
"Spijt" - Pedullist
"False Faith" - crawdad or Sluice not sure who posted
"Perfectly Clear" - skids
"Dry" - Sluice
"Through the Ages "- Erland
"Time to Leave" - chrisharris
"Moira" - Khompewtur
"Breathe" - maryslittlesecret
"Private Mess" - B.SABBATH
"Storm" - WAYTF
"Stupid Song" - TripleM

junplugged said:
Took me 14 + mins. Optimum Online LI, NY cable, 96k.

I have Optonline too.. I just downloaded it again and it took 2:03.. you should call them and see what's up.. what's does 96k mean?

I was getting 96kbps downloading. I have heard other Optonline users getting a lot faster. When I use their tester on their web site it says it's a lot faster, but who knows if that's accurate.

Thanks for the link, you avg 800? I'm getting a little over 100. like 127, 112, 112, a few 112's.

Optonline said I was getting 3000kbps.

Download speed is affected by MANY factors:

1) The speed of your connection (smallest part) to your ISP
2) The speed of your ISPs connection to major backbones
3) The load on your ISPs connections servers and lines
4) The routing path of your connection to the individual servers in which you are connecting (such as HR)
5) The speed of each and every machine along that paths connection
6) The load on each and every machine along that path, as well as the load on the lines
7) The speed of the server you are connecting to (end of the path) connection
8) The load on that server, maximum number of connections allowed, throttling based on load, etc.

Several other factors such as weather along the paths (affects resistance in copper lines, EMI, etc.), erroneous hardware along the path (such as bad NICs, corrupt software, bad packets, etc.), etc. etc.

Basically, you could have exactly the same machine, and the exact same type of connection, be next door to someone, and get completely different results.

W.

Back