Wanted - SF2 player that responds to Velocity AND Volume MIDI controllers!

Dear Anyone.

Now I'm not a geek/gearhead, just a wannabe composer, so please keep the tech. talk baby-level!

I'm working on the cheap, got a whole pile of lovely SF2s. BUT - I can't find an SF2 player that lets you control Volume AND Velocity via MIDI Controllers. Some of 'em have velocity control - but none of 'em seem to have VOLUME control. Which means you have to stick to a permanent volume and do louds'n'softs with velocity only, which don't always work that well.

Please, does anyone know a soundfont player that'll let me enter volume and velocity commands, via a mouse in a MIDI Music package, and actually obeys them?

I'm using QSE Level 2. In that package, the main volume controller is 7 and you control the Velocity by selecting the notes you want to change and choosing a number between 1-127. There's a whole bunch of sound packages I've got that both those things work fine with - it's just when you hit the realm of soundfonts, you get all these great sounds that you can't fully use because you can't control their volume, velocity or both.

Oh - and being able to have multiple instances going for multiple soundfonts - one different soundfont per instance - would be a great help - I know not all things like having more than one instance of themselves going for the same reason, I suppose, that people in time-travel sci-fi don't want to go back along their own timelines and meet themselves!

Help!!

Yours hopefully

Christopher Burke

Back