Want To Upgrade My P-Bass Pick Up's.

Joe Recorder

I'm looking to fix up my ole 84 fender precision bass guitar and was hoping I could get some suggestion's. It's bone stock right now. I'm not looking to get any active pick ups, just something better than stock. And I'll probably be playing it through a sunn coliseum 300 head and v4-b cabinet if that matter's.
thank's.......Joe :D

hey a fellow p-basser

decent i thought i was alone

EMGs make a pretty decent active pickup. and i think bartallonis make actives.

i like emgs myselfs.

im all stock too. except for my new pretty pick guard

freak

I just always suggest that people get the pickups that some of their favorite musicians use.

Because they're professionals you know that they use fine quality stuff - and at least you've heard the potential sound of them.

So find out what your favorite guys use - I mean pickups don't really get that expensive....

Joe Recorder said:
I'm looking to fix up my ole 84 fender precision bass guitar and was hoping I could get some suggestion's. It's bone stock right now. I'm not looking to get any active pick ups, just something better than stock. And I'll probably be playing it through a sunn coliseum 300 head and v4-b cabinet if that matter's.
thank's.......Joe :D

A coliseum and a V4 cab is mean. It`ll pick your bones clean. I love that kinda punch. The P pickups definately have a flavor of their own though. I have changed out my jazz pickups but never the precisions.

Yeah it is a pretty mean setup, but I have heard other bass guitar's going thru it and the tone sounded so much better.

I think I'm going to do some web searching and check out my favorite bass guitarist's set up.

Thank's everyone for the advice. .......Joe :D

Back