Wanna laugh? Or at least chuckle for a sec..(new Mr-8 song)

clifchamb

Hey you fellow Mr-8'ers'

Long time, still plucking away here. My friend came over the other day and we banged this tune out in about 3 1/2 hours, just in time for the 4th. It is a true story about a minivan catching on fire from bags of fireworks accidently being set off while they are in the tailgate. This happened about 12 years ago. The funny part is me a bass player trying to play a guitar solo. A fun joke tune. My friend plays the drums (roland TD-6) and sings most of the lead and all harmonies. I play everything else and try to sing.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2255&alid=-1

song is called "Van on Fire"

clif

!

Well, that was fun. I'm usually touchy about things like using the national anthem, but it was good here. You guys sound like a garage band (I mean that nicely) version of the grateful Dead. Something about those vocals. Post more often.

robjh22 said:
Well, that was fun. I'm usually touchy about things like using the national anthem, but it was good here. You guys sound like a garage band (I mean that nicely) version of the grateful Dead. Something about those vocals. Post more often.

Thanks for listening. We were definatley aiming for that kind of sound (garage). I'll post more of our songs if we write anymore like it.

clif

digitcallous said:
clif,

I dropped in after being away for months and find a new tune from you. 'Van on Fire' is a great tune with a very live feel to it, and the lead guitar playing is hot.

I haven't had time to do any recording for months. The last thing I did was late last year when I did a 'surf' tune named Chinese Takeout. You can find it here:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2802&alid=-1

DC

I never thought I would hear a surf type tune with an "Asian feel" to it, hence it is appropriately named. I really, really like it. I may play around with some surf stuff now that I heard your tune. Thanks for checking out my wacky tune.

welcome back

clif

clifchamb said:
My friend came over the other day and we banged this tune out in about 3 1/2 hours, just in time for the 4th. It is a true story about a minivan catching on fire from bags of fireworks accidently being set off while they are in the tailgate. This happened about 12 years ago. The funny part is me a bass player trying to play a guitar solo. A fun joke tune.

Hi Cliff,

I'm really not into this kind of music anymore, but I could really envision this song fitting in quite well as a top ten tune on the Dr. Dimento show. I don't know if that show is on the air anymore, but this tune would really work! Great recording! Great playing! The vocals are prefect for this kind of song. The sound effects were well done. As they used to say in the old black and white movies back in the day, "You done good, kid."

Nice, there's a local used car dealership close by that has big blatant songs for commercials. They sound exactly like what you guys have done. It's always a good laugh to hear their weekly new commercial - same hold true with yours - thanks for posting.

clif - It's been too long!

I was picturing Kiss doing that tune circa Dressed To Kill- hysterical.

mrx said:
clif - It's been too long!

I was picturing Kiss doing that tune circa Dressed To Kill- hysterical.

MRX,

Hey has been a long time. Glad you are here to capture my finest work :)

What have you been up to?

clif

clif -

Same frustrations - virtually impossible to find anybody 'normal' to work with. A guy from my old band has access to a high bandwidth ftp site so we are going to try a 'long distance' collaboration (using .wav files!)

Back