Wanna hear some Mexican Rock?

flapo1

Hola amigos. Finally I could get some time to upload two songs in the net. Listen to them and please tell me your opinions. I need them desperately because I want to set up a little commercial studio ("commercial" meaning friends and rookie bands) and I need to know if they sound at least fairly "not-too-bad"

The URL is

www.geocities.com/alexvictorica/www/songs

Bruma (means "fog") is instrumental and La Espera ("The waiting") has my horrible voice in it. :o

If someone wants to know, my equipement is basically:

1 sm57
1 Low-low-end audiotechnica
2 Headset mics
2 Shure I-don't know-what (they costed me about $50)

1 spirit 12-chnl mixer

PC with:
Ensoniq Audio PCI Sound Card
40 gb HD
128 MB RAM
AMD k62 400 mhz.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be so kind to hear them and give me your expert opinions.

Thanks

Gracias Amigos

:) :) :)

Querro escuchar pero no es posible. Hablo pocitto espanol y escribo zero.
Por favor, hacer un otro link.

Man was that ugly.!!

Curious and waiting,
Theron.

Bruma - holy Pink Floyd!

The drums sound good - but in the first minute I hear some static/white noise thing that I'm not sure is supposed to be there, it almost sounds like it has been reverbed heavily

The lead guitar is very clear - direct from a pod-type thing - or miked? Sounds very good

The acoustic guitar sounds a little tinny - like from a pickup

The bridge sounds like a heavier 'run to you' by Bryan Adams

I do like the backup vocals

And it gets cut off at the end

La Espra -

synth sounds like nice synth pads

same tinny acoustic guitar sound - a nitpicky thing, because they do work for the song

I like the hi-hats - not to loud but present - almost a soft sound - good gentle panning for the rest of the kit

Vocals sound very well recorded - good blend of foreground and background vocals
Your 'bad' singing is better than my 'good' singing!

The rockier bridge sounds good, too, - I like the drums not over-present
And again it gets cut off!

Thanks Eric for your kind reply!

Actually Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands. David Gilmour is IMHO one of the greatest guitarists (Am I influenced? Naaahhh...)

Yu're right almost in everything, exept the guitar, its miked from my mighty Fender Champion (25 watts, 8 or so inches speaker) with the SM57.

In the acoustic you're right, it's from an Ovation straight from the pickup. But I don't have any condenser mike, so...

The songs do get cut off because it's a complete album that is like "glued" together by bridges (the synth sound, for example) or noises. And I did the CD ripping in my office (don't tell anyone) so I couldn't make them fade out.

By the way, if any of you guys are curious, I have the translated lyric's for "La Espera" ("Bruma" Whole lyrics translate as "You are not asleep")

Thanks and I hope some of you guys will keep listening!

:)

Back