Wall mounted speaker stands

Smoulders

Hi there guys.

Can anyone recommend some wall mounted speaker stands or similar solution. Most I have seen appear to be the kind you screw into the monitors which I do not want to do. More of a shelf design that they sit on (preferably with tilt/swivel facility). I know wall mounting is not the best option for monitors, but I do not have any choice in this instance. I will pick up some mopads as well.

Nice one

Nick

I have wall mounts for my home bookshelf speakers that worked fine. Unfortunately they ae about 11 tears old now, and I couldn't tell you the name of them, but I can tel you that I simply picked them up at my local Home Depot store at the time, so they shouldn't be that had to find. The "shelf" on them is adjustable in depth and has a small lip on the front of it; together they kind of clamp the speaker into place, no screws required.

You do need to screw the bracket into the wall, of course, and you'll want to use a stud finder to make sure you're screwing into more substantial than just plain plaster or drywall, but that's the only complication you need to think about.

G.

Yeah.. look for TV mounts. They'll have little lips on the front and the speakers will probably hang over the sides. I've got some large JBL speakers on mine, they work great. Phooey to those that say you need to "de-couple" your speakers from the wall and save your money and skip the "mopads"

what a ripoff anyway... if you think they work, just use some closed cell foam or something.

I spent about $50 each for mine about 6 years ago,... I think ;)

Back