VST Wrapper 4.5.1 problems

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
I have just up issued the latest patch and now when I load certain Dxi synths like Atmosphere or Battery, the instrument does not appear in the Fx box in track view in HS2004. I don't know if it is coincidence or not? The device loads okay and plays okay - it just doesn't list it in the fx box and so you don't get a little green square that you can use to toggle on or off.

Strange thing is, all the other DXi instruments load perfectly fine.

The VST wrapper sees the instruments okay and I can see them in win xp registry.

Anyone got similar issues or seen anything like it before?

Even wierder, Battery now loads okay so its only atmosphere that I have a problem with :confused:

imagine72 said:
I've heard that the patches block freeware plug-ins...

Er....I don't think so :) If so, we are all in deep trouble ;)

Anyway, I have resolved my problem. I removed the Atmosphere .dll to a temp location rescanned my plug-ins, checked that Atmosphere was not there, opened up Sonar and checked that it wasn't there either.

Then I moved the Atmosphere .dll back into my plug-in folder, rescanned and hey presto! it works.

Bloody computers :confused:

:D

imagine72 said:
That would be a really stupid thing to do. If that's the case, there will be a fix for it yesterday.

Guitar Suite Not Working

Actually, I am having a similar problem with the 4.5.1 wrapper.

I thought I would give the freeware Guitar Suite plug-ins a try as everyone seems to say they are so good. The wrapper finds them in my vstplugins directory (actually they are in a subdirectory)--it seems to recognize them and run smoothly.

However, when I open Sonar 5, they just aren't there--can't be added as an audio effect.

?????

jamie_drum said:

I thought I would give the freeware Guitar Suite plug-ins a try as everyone seems to say they are so good. The wrapper finds them in my vstplugins directory (actually they are in a subdirectory)--it seems to recognize them and run smoothly.

However, when I open Sonar 5, they just aren't there--can't be added as an audio effect.

?????

First, try rescanning with the re-scan existing plug-in box checked. See if that works.

If not, then try moving all the Guitar-suite plug-in .dll files to a temp folder, re-run your wrapper and check in S5 that they are not there.
Then move the .dll file back into your plug-in folder, rescan your plug-ins and then see if it turns up in S5.

One other thing - you haven't told S5 to permanently delete the plug in at all have you? If so, you would need to go into the registry and delete the entry from the deleted plug-in folder.

I tried your suggestions--to no avail.

I haven't told Sonar to permanently delete the plug-ins. I only tried to install them yesterday! I opened Sonar's plug-in manager and I can't see them there.

This is odd because I never had any trouble with the wrapper before.

Incidentally, is there someway I can reorganize the submenus under audio effects. Right now I have one submenu for "cakewalk", one for "sonitus", one for "vst", etc... It would be nice to have more control.

Then I don't know what else to suggest, apart from contacting Cakewalk.Sorry. If your .dll's are in the Plug-in folder and are valid VST's, the wrapper "sees" them, then they should load.

Do sub-folders make a difference

Does it make a difference that the guitar suite plugs are in a sub-folder? It doesn't seem to matter with other plugins (eg Sonic Charge Microtonic).

imagine72 said:

Not true...you may have misread something somewhere. I've got a sick collection of purchased and free plug-ins and no issues to date. I've been a registered and committed upgrade customer since HS was introduced...currently running SONAR Producer 5.x. The wrapper works just fine for me. You may be having other "issues".

jamie_drum said:
Does it make a difference that the guitar suite plugs are in a sub-folder? It doesn't seem to matter with other plugins (eg Sonic Charge Microtonic).

You need to "add" the file to the wrapper, so you point the wrapper at the file. Try that and see if it works.

jamie_drum said:

?????

Just a thought - are they in Sonar's Plug-in manager? (not the same thing as the wrapper ;) )

Paul881 said:
Just a thought - are they in Sonar's Plug-in manager? (not the same thing as the wrapper ;) )

No. They aren't there. I think I mentioned that in a previous post. I didn't have time to try your other suggestion yet. Xmas...

jamie_drum said:
No. They aren't there. I think I mentioned that in a previous post. I didn't have time to try your other suggestion yet. Xmas...

Christmas is a great time to explore your music software...any excuse to get out out of the family festivities... :eek:

:D

Have a good one!

Back