VST mastering tools

viktor80

Which of these VST mastering tools is better?

Tone Boosters

Waves Transform

Sonnox Oxford

Nomad Factory

Wave Arts

STR Legacy Sleepy-Time DSP

You use what you need and what the mix asks for.

If you can't get 90% "there" with whatever EQ and dynamics control plugs you have in your DAW, it isn't the fault of the plugs... If there was a "best" brand of plug, it would be the only brand left.

You use what you need and what the mix asks for.

If you can't get 90% "there" with whatever EQ and dynamics control plugs you have in your DAW, it isn't the fault of the plugs... If there was a "best" brand of plug, it would be the only brand left.

Exactly. The engineer behind the tools makes the difference.

But still... if you want a mastering suite you can try Izotope Ozone.
It's a pretty cool 6 to 1 Mastering Bundle.

:D

10 text min

You got to hand it to Izotope. They've obviously got a great marketing department. No professionals use their product, yet they have everyone convinced it's a "professional mastering suite". Talk about propaganda. Are they a German company by any chance? :D

You got to hand it to Izotope. They've obviously got a great marketing department. No professionals use their product, yet they have everyone convinced it's a "professional mastering suite". .. :D

Jeez I really wouldn't know that one way or the other, you really 'spose it runs pretty much that way though?

I like Izotope Ozone. It's professional mastering vst
I just think it's funny that he didn't even read two or three posts back.
You got to hand it to Izotope. They've obviously got a great marketing department. No professionals use their product, yet they have everyone convinced it's a "professional mastering suite". Talk about propaganda. Are they a German company by any chance?
To be fair, a lot of pros use it - sort of. I know several engineers that use the dithering, a few that use the limiter -- uh, none that use any of the maul-the-band garbage (A Haas filter for the low end?!? Who was high enough to come up with that?) or "Mastering Reverb" (whatever the heck that's supposed to be) or that EQ...

It's not completely worthless... Not like totally worthless...

It's not completely worthless... Not like totally worthless...
I've always said that it has tools that can be used like any other. But I've known too many people, even people that I respect musically, that think it's a "mastering suite", and use the pre-sets and believe they can "match" their mixes with others. I'm sure some pros use it, but they don't really USE it.

Or something. :eek:

Back