vst for bongos, congas, vibraslap, cowbell, etc

uncle sixer

What is out there for free vst percussion? I am using MT Power Drumkit2 and loving it for a drum set sound, but need some other percussion sounds for certain things. Some things I can play on my cheap casio keyboard set to percussion, but its sounds are not convincing unless buried pretty deep in the mix, I would also like to be able to program in midi for things I can't play on a traditional keyboard easily (fast-tempo 16th notes on bongos for instance). If there was something like MTPDK with expanded sounds I want to look into it.

While we are at it, any recommendations for free string, woodwind, and brass sounds?

Thanks for any advice. I am now a couple months into digital recording with a DAW and continually amazed at all the potential.

And God said" "Let there be Google."

Seriously, you'll get more than enough results with a "free (percussion, string, brass, orchestra, etc.) vst" search than we could quickly provide. Check back if you have some questions about specific ones you find.

Paj
8^)

For real, decent freebies look to spitfire labs series. They’re tasters really.

however, I notice lots of free decent ones were loss leaders and are starting to become really limited. With subscriptions becoming normal now for adding ears or horns to pictures, or playing games, real free samples are not so important. Clearly people are willing to listen, then cough up a tenner to get a sound. The quest for totally free music creation is shrinking as we get used to actually paying!

For real, decent freebies look to spitfire labs series. They’re tasters really.

however, I notice lots of free decent ones were loss leaders and are starting to become really limited. With subscriptions becoming normal now for adding ears or horns to pictures, or playing games, real free samples are not so important. Clearly people are willing to listen, then cough up a tenner to get a sound. The quest for totally free music creation is shrinking as we get used to actually paying!
Thanks, Rob, very appreciated. Being new to digital recording (and especially new to plugins, vsts, samples, etc) it is a little hard to know where to start. Spitfire looks promising...

Back