VST cpu overload

bastupungen

hello everyone!
I have a major prob her... and i need some help fast... im going to record my demo soon and i need it to work...

the thing is that i just bought a new soundcard the Terratec EWX 24/96 and when mixing it works just fine with a low latency, 5 millisec, and everything is going fine... the cpu overload goes quite hing but..
but the problem is when im recording i notice that the cpu load is at 100 % this (i think) resulting is various cracks and load noices in the recorded sound... why is this? what can i do to get this problem away all help is welcome...

i am going to reinstal my comp with some more ram and a new harddrive (new windows installation) but i still needed to ask fast because of my lack of time

oh yeah here are some of my specs:
p3 550
win 98
cubase 5.0
TerraTec EWX 24/96

/Jonatan

Hallå Pungen!

Have you enabled DMA for the harddrive? (control panel -> system -> device manager -> disk drives -> (your disk) -> properies-> settings -> DMA checkbox)

Running on a higher latency and/or defragmenting the harddrive might help as well.

//Linus

Make sure Cubase is set to use Terratec (not MS stuff) for recording, and it is using correct Terratec ASIO driver (not MS or DirectX ASIO).
I would also play with buffers.

Back