Vs880

JustMeAnd

Hi, all.
About 20 years too late, but I've got a VS-880EX, 3 manuals that are harder work than War and Peace, and 2 DVD guides which resemble 60's ****-film quality (erm...I would guess!)
All of 'em refer to first playing around with the loaded demo song, which my machine's not got - the original hard disc on these units was so small I guess most users deleted the file once they'd got to grips with V-tracks etc.
I've tried everywhere to get a copy with no joy - not surprising after all this time.
So, has anyone
(1) perhaps still got the original on back-up CD?
or much more likely
(2) got another song, recorded on an 880/880EX, that's not mixed down/mastered yet?

It's tough going reading about these controls, without being able to actually do something with them!

I'm in England, but am willing to pay shipping/postage/whatever!
Thanking you in advance....

Please post only once. I deleted your other thread.

Looks like you already went to VSPlanet. If they can't help you...

I used to have the VS-840EX eons ago. If I remember correctly, the unit used jazz drives with cartridges. I tossed all mine long ago.

I hated that thing. It was so difficult to navigate the screens and set it up properly. The only good thing I got out of it was the frustration was so high, it drove me to computer based recording. Never looked back.

Hope you have a better experience with it.

Hi, all.
About 20 years too late, but I've got a VS-880EX, 3 manuals that are harder work than War and Peace, and 2 DVD guides which resemble 60's ****-film quality (erm...I would guess!)
All of 'em refer to first playing around with the loaded demo song, which my machine's not got - the original hard disc on these units was so small I guess most users deleted the file once they'd got to grips with V-tracks etc.
I've tried everywhere to get a copy with no joy - not surprising after all this time.
So, has anyone
(1) perhaps still got the original on back-up CD?
or much more likely
(2) got another song, recorded on an 880/880EX, that's not mixed down/mastered yet?

It's tough going reading about these controls, without being able to actually do something with them!

I'm in England, but am willing to pay shipping/postage/whatever!
Thanking you in advance....

Jack? Is this you?

I can't believe you are cheating on VS Planet over here.

You gotta lotta nerve, buddy!

:spank:

:D

Jack? Is this you?

I can't believe you are cheating on VS Planet over here.

You gotta lotta nerve, buddy!

:spank:

:D

Haha!
No, Jack's my dad!
Everybody here is so ****ed off hearing him moan about this recorder thing I thought I'd try and help him out!
Just shows how things can backfire on you!
I'll not be flavour of the month when I tell him.
Think I'll phone rather than call round!

Back