VS 880EX - Red/Green LED when in record mode

masterofpuppets

I'm recording with a VS 880EX and on my channel 6 when I put it to record mode (red LED) it flashes red and green. What does this mean? Basically what I'm doing in bouncenig tracks to channel 6, and it wont let me. Thanks for any help.

When the button is flashing red and green you have assigned the track to itself.

First, here's HOW a track is assigned to itself.

With the fader/input button green, and the track's status button orange, you hold down the track status and press the same channel's select button. The status button will then flash red and green and another track will be disarmed.

Now, here's how to fix it:

With the track status green, and the fader/edit green, press the track's status button and when it's select button flashes, press it. This will unroute the track from itself.

Now, here's how to route an INPUT to a track.

With the appropriate track status button orange, and the fader/edit also orange, hold down the track status button, and select your input with one of the select buttons.

You see, it's the whole fader/edit button that will determine whether you assign a TRACK to a track, or an INPUT to a track. When that button is orange, you will be assigning an input, when it's green, you will be assigning a track.

Now, having said all this, you can use the assigning-tracks-to-themselves thing to your benefit. Ever wanted to double a track EASILY without having to use up 3 tracks just to do that (1 original track, 1 for the double, and 1 to bounce them to)? Well, just assign a track to itself and you can layer on as many parts to that same track as you'd like! And if you goof up one of the layers, just UNDO it!

It's great for layering on thick vocal harmonies and things when you're short on track space.

Back