vs-880 -> PC

rs

hi, i was wondering if there is a way to hook a vs-880 up to a PC via scsi, and dump the tracks digitally on to the pc, for editing on the pc. (i have a scsi cable, and a working scsi card in the pc, etc.) Thanks!! :)

I was doing a bit more research, and found out about a freeware program called VScopy, made by Polarsonic. Apparently the company is out of business, and i cant get VScopy from them anymore. does anyone know where i could get VScopy, or a similar program? it seems like it would work a lot better than the VS2WAV utility.... Thanks!

Yep polarsonic is gone. I would also like to get my hands on that program. Haven't been able to find it yet though....

You can get a copy of VS Transfer here (I think). Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to get a copy to anyone who needs it.

VS Transfer works only with the 880V-Expanded and it works in any recording mode. It also won't work with O/S 3.20A. Any O/S previous to 3.20A (back as far as 2.xx), and 3.20B works fine.

R2D2: More info on the transfer? I downloaded the page you provided, but I don't have the proper application to open it with. The only CD burner I have is on my computer. Any suggestions?

Trippalot: Do you have a PC or a mac? If it's a PC all you need to open the VS Transfer zipfile is WinZip. If you have a mac you're out of luck. VS Transfer only works with Windows.

Back