VS-840GX Question

pailhead

Is there anyone out there with experience using the VS-840GX? I've been given one of these and I want to utilize the multitracking capability. So does anyone have experience with it, I've got a few questions :)

Ok since I've had no replies, here's my question. I want to record 3 tracks but all using the 1st imput which is a direct in (since I have no mic's yet). I'm going to be recording 2 guitar tracks and a bass track. Is it possible to record all the tracks using the direct in which is mic input 1? If so how is this acheived? I've tried recording to track 1 and 2 using mic 1 (direct) but the only one that records is track 1. I can't seem to get track 2 or above that to capture from mic 1.

Thanks..

-p

Last edited:
Finally!!! Someone that I can share my knowledge of this machine with!!

For now I would just use the EZ-routing function, just press the ez-routing button, and follow the steps: Select an input, then select which track you want it to go on, and then it will ask you about effects, and then you are done, and all you have to do is hit record, play. (I may have skipped a step that it asks you about, but the ones that I mentioned are the only ones that you will have to change to do what you want if I remember correctly. I haven't used my 840 in a while, but I have retained a lot of knowledge about it.) There's a way to do it manually, too, but the above way is easier.

If you want to do it manually, you have to set the bus for input channel one on the mixer to either A/B or C/D, depending on which track or tracks you want to record to. Tracks 1 & 2 are A and B, respectively, and 3 & 4 are C and D, also respectively. Just set the busses appropriately, arm your track(s), and you are ready to go. If you have any more questions about the 840, just send me a PM, or something, and I'll do my best to help you out. I' used it for years, and I pretty much know the in's and outs of it. Good machine, especially for a beginner (which is when I got it.)

Anyway, I'm done typing. :D Hope that I helped. :)

Back