VS-2480 reverb

sfitz

Hi guys,

I'm new to recording. I have a VS-2480 that I am still learning how to use. I play acoustic guitar, sing, play harmonica; folky stuff. I would like to add some reverb (or something?) to try and fatten the sound up a bit (sounds a little thin with just me and my guitar). The only recording I have ever made at a real studio they seem to have added some echo or reverb that has a nice effect on my voice/guitar/harp; just makes it all sound bigger than real life. However, when I have tried to do this with my Rolland (using one of the reverb effects patches) it sounds like crap. What am I doing wrong? Or is there not a good way to do what I am talking about with the VS-2480? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

Woody

I'm assuming you're using the FX on a VSF-2 card?

The reverbs (used sparingly) can be passable, but the best solution with the 2480 is the TCR 3000 plug in. To use this, you need to upgrade to at least one VSF-3 FX card tho. The stock FX on the VSF-3 cards are pretty good also.

To 'fatten' your sound, try a quick delay (again, used sparingly) on your vox... Just enough to be present without overpowering. Then double your guitar track or put a mild verb on it, or both. EQ can also be a tool that can help.

Also, you should take into consideration the mic(s) and room you're recording in/with in comparison to the studio you were in before.

Without hearing what you're referencing, these are just tools to hopefully point you in the right direction...

Good luck!

:)

You might want to mess with the hi pass and low pass filters. They can get rid of some of the metallic sound...if that is what you are encountering.

Back