vox valvetronix vt20+ or fender mustang1

JonLadell

I've been searching for a good recording amp for awhile and think these two might be what i need. i will recording direct out mostly and mic some. just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these amps to help me chose which one i should go with. thanks

Well the Direct Out sound is WAY better on the Mustang than all of the others. No question. Kills Line 6 as well.
As far as pure tone goes, it depends on the sound you are after. Personally I like them both. But the Mustang II is far superior to the I and the Vox in terms of cleans and slightly overdriven tones. The main reason is the 12" speaker. The Mustang is able to be "ultra-tweaked" using the free FUSE software. It lets you really get ahold of all the extra knobs the amp has, tweak tube sag, and add a host of stomp boxes and outboard effects.
There is just no comparison between the Vox & Mustang. IMHO

yeah the fuse software with the mustang is why i'm leaning more towards it. But at the same time from what I've heard the vox does have a good sound. All I really have to go by is mainly youtube videos because the nearest store that has these two amps is about 50 miles away. I hope to get down there soon. thanks for the replies!

Back