Vox Pathfinder 10W, how loud is it?

diogo

hello everyone,

im looking for a practice amp to keep from shatering windows with my fender hotrod...its just too friggin loud for home...and although ill record with the hotrod still, i really need something to jam alone and not be worried about windows or neighbours...

i really just wanna know if this is going to be too loud..i need something with presence but, nothing compared to something like the hotrod..its just too loud...i figure the little Vox will keep me jamming till i can afford a THD hotplate..

tanx a lot!

i thought the pathfinder was 15 watts

but anyways the pathfinder sounds like exactly what you want

and for some stuff you might want to use the pathfinder for recording its an awesome amp for it's little pricetag!

hello Nick, tanx for the reply..

here's the 10w version, i think the difference resides on voltage of course, and on the 10w one not having reverb or tremolo, but frankly i dont need it either...i got my own verb pedal and i really dont have that much use for spring, although the fender one is cool..kind of, not stelar. i would only use this for practice alone, i prefer the tube sound for recording:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/pathfinder/path10.htm

do u have the 15w one? if so, is it really loud? moderatly?
i figure if the 15w one aint that loud, being it solidstate, the 10w cant be loud either..

tanx!

I used to have a Pathfinder for a bit, and you can get them to be really quiet, good for practice in your bedroom. They won't stand up to playing with even a small band, though. I sold mine to a guy just starting out who was a bedroom only player. Perfect for that.

An interesting aside....
My Vox AD120 on the 2 watt setting is WAY too loud for bedroom playing when you turn it all the way up. It would definately get the cops called on you in an apt or a close neighborhood. Interesting how a couple of tubes in the power section and 2 12" speakers change everything.

H2H

They're measured at 10 watts RMS.. which means they should peak at about 20.

Sidenote: I notice Fender are stating the RMS wattage of their amps on their website. Have they been doing this for long? It's my understanding that US manufacturers have traditionally given the peak output for an amp in the specs whilst UK amp makers gave the RMS.

Theyve (Fender) always used RMS. There's a plate on the amp showing total watt usage and total peak watts, for electronic specifications, but the amps are listed in the catalog with RMS watts.

H2H

fellas,

tanx a lot for the replies..ill most certainly get one of these then, till i can afford that THD attenuator..i figure ill keep the vox around after that for some stereo playing and weird mic experiences...its just for my practice space really, i dont intend to use it within a band context, as i dont have one, and probably never will lol i do it all by myself..

anyway, this seems to be what im looking for, i looked at orange's similar products, but ive always wanted a Vox, and although i feel the sound aint gonna be that different in any of these amps, ill go for what ive always wanted, talking strictly in terms of brand :rolleyes: if im going with solid state, might as well choose something that looks good :D

tanx guys.

Back