Volume pedal with scratchy pot

jfrog

uber-nerd
My Ernie Ball VP-Jr volume pedal is starting to get scratchy. On the EB website it recommends just replacing the pot. The pedal is less than 4 years old....is there any options? Isn't there some pot cleaner spray or something?

Operation-wise, the EB pedal is the best one I've owned, but it's the only one I've had to maintain - a year ago I had to replace the string, now the pot's going bad.....

yeah, try some caig deoxit and just work the pot. but if it's got a bunch of dust or grime inside it though, it's gonna sound scratchy.

those pots are very easy to replace.

i've had an ernie ball volume pedal for 20 years now and have never had a problem with the pot......but it's an old one and they're probably using cheaper pots these days.

that said, i DID have to replace the pot in my old crybaby, and it was a breeze to do.

good luck,
wade

if the deoxit D-5 cleans up the sound .... then you might want to follow up with the deoxit Gold which lubricates and protects. I find it really helps and I play in the salt air a lot and it even helps with that.

Back