Voice Recording through Delta 66, HELP!

awebdancer

I have sound edit 16 and a delta 66/Omni audio station. I am trying to record my voice into sound edit through the Omni with a microphone plugged into the Omni audio station. Does anyone know what I am missing. I have a Mac G4, with 775 mgs of ram, and 80 gigs, so size isn't the problem. The box is on, the mic is on, the mixer is on and it records nothing. Also, in the control panel/sound I have the inputs and outputs set to the delta 66 panel. Which is true, I have my speakers and Omni set to both input the mic, and the output goes through an amp, which is hooked up to the Omni audio station. I would appreciate any help I can get.

awebdancer

Not familiar with sound edit........is the tracked armed? Did you try another mic. Do you know if its working?
Are the settings right in your control panel for the 66 ?

I don't know what you mean by an "armed track". Sound Edit 16 is an ancient macromedia product for recording. It records Cd's just fine, but not my voice. I think I have the right settings for the Delta 66, I went through the instructions - but I could be wrong. I am really new at using the Delta 66, like this is the first time i've tried to use it. I also have the Mic turned on. Its a Pro Mic and it works fine with a 4 track.

I dont want to waste too much time on this post, but are trying to do multitrack recording or just screwing around with your voice. If your multitracking {creating songs} I suggest you upgrade your software ! You have a great interface, get something that will take advantage of it.

Look for two little buttons that say 'to insert 1,2' and '3,4' on the back of the Omni I/O. The unit ships with the buttons activated, which diverts the dignal to the inserts. De-press these buttons and you'll be fine.

Thanks

WoopySnorp;

Your suggestion was the answer I was looking for! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
It took a little searching on the back, but I got out the old manual, and found the little buttons you were talking about, and punched them out, and Voila!!
I can't thank you enough! I have been going through a month of frustration trying to record my voice. I'm a teacher, and I wanted to do a CD for my class. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Back