Vocal Track EQ

I'm hoping to get a little experienced advice. I'd like to know what an experienced mixer would do with one of our vocal tracks.
Please let me know if you have a few minutes and you're interested in helping me grow. I'll send you the file. I'm hesitant to post the track here as I'm hoping to work with only a 1 or 2 people, rather than get over-inundated with advice.

For the record, it's a good track, not a great track. We're pretty rough around the edges and we record "live". I know that accounts for a handful of our sonic issues, but that's how we're doing things these days. I'm not looking for create a perfect track, only to make the track as good as it can get.
Thanks,
-j

if you deem me worthy of helping then i dont mind giving your tracks a listené I can't say i will give you a very experienced advice thought

I say post it up, get inundated with advice, and pick and choose the advice that you think might actually help. Or try it all. It's just the twist of a knob and the click of a mouse to make EQ adjustments and re-render...no harm in trying a bunch of stuff if it nets you a result that you're happy with and can carry forward to future projects. Unless you're burning each render to a golden CD or something...

I may have to take your advice and post the track here. I assumed people would jump at the chance to show off their skills, but I guess I was mistaken.
My hesitation to post the track her is because I'm very aware how rough we sound, and although I'm trying to get advice on how to best EQ a track, experience with this forum leads me to believe that I'll get far more advice about our lyrics, singing, song structure, recording technique, etc.
I'll give it another day or 2......

I may have to take your advice and post the track here. I assumed people would jump at the chance to show off their skills, but I guess I was mistaken.
My hesitation to post the track her is because I'm very aware how rough we sound, and although I'm trying to get advice on how to best EQ a track, experience with this forum leads me to believe that I'll get far more advice about our lyrics, singing, song structure, recording technique, etc.
I'll give it another day or 2......

Having heard what you sent me theres no problem in putting it here for reviews, it would actually go faster but send the whole thing because isolated tracks arnt worth reviewing unless for very specific issues

Here's a 30 minute mix (literally). It's late and I'm tired. If it's no good, I accept no responsibility :D

I was trying to keep the live feel, with the fullness of the bass that occurs in live situations (but we never hear in studio recordings anymore).

Cool tune man.

Back