Vocal redo of me singing...

Interesting stuff. I hate to break it to ya, buddy, but you're a singer!

Nice use of delays.

This sounds good to me.

Was that autotune I'm hearing?:) (apologies if it's not - could just be the effect on the vox).

Nice. I'm having kind of a Devo flashback.

Chris

Nope it's not auto tune... wish I had that plugin, he he! It's the meta flanger in waves gold! I have it set to 1/4 note sweep tempo just on the verses. (I'm assuming that is what your hearing???) I'm trying to get that vocal sound of the new Lynch/Pilson disc... It's still not really right but as close as I could get! not sure how they did it... Perhaps, They use Autotune!

thank a lot for the listen

Shred

Damn, here's a coincidence for you... Jeff Pilson is my uncle, so I could probably find out for you what that effect is.:)

I'm ashamed to say I've barely listened to the Lynch/Pilson thing, although I did witness the recording of some of it.

And I know he slaps Autotune all over the other people they record in the studio, but I don't think on his own vox. I could be wrong, though - he and I have a good-natured disagreement on the ethics of tuning vox.

What a trip that you mentioned that as your reference!

Chris

Jeff Pilson is your uncle???? WOW! cool... Ask him what effect he used on his voice on "Breath & A Scream"(the verses)... That is what I was sort of going for. It is probably something that I don't have...but who knows! Do you think he might use Auto tune as an effect... not to tune??? Is this Possible?

Maybe you could tell what it is...listen to the verses on that tune!

I'd love to get his autograph... hint hint ;)

Shred

I'll PM you if I can remember to ask him next time we talk (I have no idea what I did with my copy of that record). I do know they do all sorts of sick twisted shit with Autotune as an effect. Dunno about that tune though.

Chris

Back