Vocal Modulator/Effects ????

kile

Anyone have any program special for Vocal Modulation or VST plugins or DX plugins?

thank you - kyle

It also sounds like you are describing the
Vocoder effect. I achieve this effect using a Behringer DSP1000 Pro,my keyboard and a microphone. This same Dsp can be had at 'bout
$120.00 and are midi-capable.

Umm... I'm gonna sound dumb, but what is Vocal Modulation? Like a ring modulator? A vocoder?
Please clue me in!

Are you talking about a vocoder or something like the Anteres(sp) autotune thing? Do a search for it. I've seen several threads about a DirectX plugin for that autotune thing.

like in a song, when their voice just doesnt sound "real". Maybe it has a robotic sound to it, or something else. I dunno what Vocoder does but i have it and it's messed up (it doesnt work). just something to make ur vocals sound different.

Yo Kile of Style:

First you need some type of FX [effects box or built-in like the Roland recorders]

Then, you needs about six hours per day of listening to vocals and how they come through your equipment in different FX patches or reverb rooms. I Have two FX boxes and the Ensonique is quite a box; big, old, and gutsy. It has stuff for reverb that can cause some interesting effects; however, it took me a year or so to explore and understand the box. On the other hand, my Alesis MIDI VERB or whatever its title is, is small and yet has some great effects.

You will find that for your vocals and the vocals of other talent, you, if you are the engineer, will find three or four favorite reverb rooms and use them. I put in about 3 hours one day programming a patch on the FX box so it would enhance my client's vocal track. That works but it takes time.

Need to work at it and you will get some amazing results for sure.

Green Hornet

[This message has been edited by The Green Hornet (edited 04-26-2000).]

You could also try putting a very short delay (~5-10 ms) together with a large amount of feedback or repeats. I haven't done this for a while, so I don't remember the exact timing on the delay (futz around with it for a bit) but it might give you a super tincan cheez wiz robot effect.

Back