Vocal harmony test. Please comment. :O)

Seems pretty good, the mix that is. The harmony sounds terrible who ever is singing should stop that. Then again what the hell do i know?

Vin-Su said:
Seems pretty good, the mix that is. The harmony sounds terrible who ever is singing should stop that. Then again what the hell do i know?

Alright then. I just happen to know the guy singing, and I'll tell him to "stop that". ROFL! :rolleyes: Thanks for listening, Vin. ---Lee

I disagree. I think that the blending of the three parts needs re-doing. The high harmony needs to back off. It's in tune (mostly), and barely acceptable..but I've heard worse. Sure, the timbre and tone of the high voice is questionable, but mix it all better, and I think it could work.
by the way SDiag...very funny comments...The kids are gone now, but the wife took over on the pecking part man.

FIRESOLE said:
I disagree. I think that the blending of the three parts needs re-doing. The high harmony needs to back off. It's in tune (mostly), and barely acceptable..but I've heard worse. Sure, the timbre and tone of the high voice is questionable, but mix it all better, and I think it could work.
by the way SDiag...very funny comments...The kids are gone now, but the wife took over on the pecking part man.

Now the wife is pecking at you, eh?? My deepest condolences. Is that what I hve to look forward to MYSELF??? :eek: Back to the test.....I threw that together in like an hour (one take) and had NO idea about which voice would harmonize with which. Kinda like a quick kitchen meal. That falsetto does stick out due to the nature of the production of the voice I suppose. I threw the high voice at about 2 oclock and the other 2 at 12 and 10 oclock. Probably need some more judicious vocal-only level checking next time. Gee, and that wierd beat...LOL. Twas' fun I'll admit. I think I may play around with this some more for shit's and giggles. Thanks for listening and opining, Firesoul. All the best, Lee

FIRESOLE.....you offered GREAT advice and I took the "FIRESOLE HOT-FOOT CHALLANGE" and radically played around with that 3-part harmony and took it back from the "Barbershop Quartet" equal-volume thang'. :cool: I adjusted the timbre on the ball-squeezed guy as well as lowering his volume a few db. Also, keeping him from sitting too far to the right of the soundstage was important so I panned a few points inward. I put the main melody dude at 12 oclock and jacked up the amplitude quite a few db, and lowered left-sided vocal to match Mr. Testicle. What do you think now?

"SUN"

FIRESOLE said:
wow man. BIG difference!! Way to go..so much more acceptable...well done.

Thanks for the initial comments that got me going, dude. I don't care what they say about you, man...you ROCK! LOL! ;) All the best, Lee.

Back