Vocal compressor plugin

Specifically for vocals? Under a few hundred bucks?
Shoot, at that price, I'd just go for a hardware ART Pro VLA-II. It's got two inputs for ya, and it's a tube compressor.

Specifically for vocals? Under a few hundred bucks?
Shoot, at that price, I'd just go for a hardware ART Pro VLA-II. It's got two inputs for ya, and it's a tube compressor.

Nah I wouldn't do that. You can buy $100 dollar plug-ins that emulate a $2000-3000 piece of hardware fairly well. Digital is just so cheap now.

It is pretty cool to have a hardware compressor though :D You can switch out the stock tubes for something better on the ART.

What do you guys like for vocal compressor plugins? I'm thinking of upgrading, trying to keep it under a few hundred bucks

This is free and its awesome. Based on the LA2A

Better than the compressor plugin that came with my Focusrite 2i2.

MLA2.jpg

Be sure to grab the fantastic free channel strip from Bootsy while you at it.

screenshot2.png

Attachments

• MLA2.jpg
    MLA2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 130
The lost angel is pretty good. But I stopped using it a while back. I found it colored the sound too much. That may be mental or something though haha.

The lost angel is pretty good. But I stopped using it a while back. I found it colored the sound too much. That may be mental or something though haha.

Go away paid product shill. :D

The Lost Angel is just fine. Like any good effect - dont over do it.

Go away paid product shill. :D

The Lost Angel is just fine. Like any good effect - dont over do it.

LOL!

I never said it was bad! One of my favorite mixes I've done used the Lost Angel quite heavily. I can post the mp3. Gives quite a bit of a "warm" sound. Which is definitely not bad, I'm just going for transparent.

Just the nature of that beast. Some people want that color as some would employ a Joe Meek color to their pallet of sound.
At times I want clean other times I want color and heavy color at that - guess it's what you invasion as your end composition.

LOL!

I never said it was bad! One of my favorite mixes I've done used the Lost Angel quite heavily. I can post the mp3. Gives quite a bit of a "warm" sound. Which is definitely not bad, I'm just going for transparent.

Hasnt coloured my files. I dont slam it though.

No matter. Just go through all your projects changing all the colours and you'll find you've got a much better overall sound, as though you'd used an analogue lava lamp and everything.

Back