Vocal booth.

gema

I am thinking to put up something on the corner of my walls. Maybe a tank filter...

The question is, is it going to sound dead or less noisy ? I want a really dead vocals, because my house is really noisy...

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by a tank filter... I have seen tropical fish use one of these to great effect as a means of keeping a tank clean but not sure about it's acoutic properties. But this just probably means i'm dumb!

If you have a small noisy room I'd google search for diy acoustic gobos or acoutic baffles and record using cardioid microphones.

Where is the noise coming from? First step would be to get rid of the noise...turn off the AC, move the computer out of the room, etc.

Then you could either build a small vocal booth, or make some 2" - 4" thick absorber panels and set them up behind the mic. Some people also record into their closet packed with clothes. If you're broke then that might be your best option.

Here's another thing you could do, but you might need a few of them:
http://www.palmcitystudios.com/timobrien/music/soundbooth/simplesoundbooth.html

Also try looking in the Studio Building forum. This question gets asked a lot. ;)

The noise is coming from the road infront of me. I can't get a clean sound, and most of the sound comes from the surrounding ?

So I really a dead dead sound.

I tried a few days ago to record from my small storeroom. There's an improvement. But there's still noises from the outside.

juwel%20stand%20poly.JPG

Its something like that. I tought of putting it up on the corner of my room.

Thanks.

gema said:
The noise is coming from the road infront of me. I can't get a clean sound, and most of the sound comes from the surrounding ?

So I really a dead dead sound.

I tried a few days ago to record from my small storeroom. There's an improvement. But there's still noises from the outside.

juwel%20stand%20poly.JPG

Its something like that. I tought of putting it up on the corner of my room.

Thanks.

I'm not an expert on acoustics but my guess would be that those do next to nothing for absorption, much less sound proofing.

Sound proofing (preventing transmission loss, ie: noise coming in/out of your room) is something entirely different than just absorbing sound to get rid of room reflections. You need a lot of mass. If you have a window in your room then maybe you can put some 4-6" thick absorber panels over it and it should help at least somewhat...or not.

Maybe someone who knows more about acoustics will chime in...

Back