Vocal booth, Tracking?

livilaNic

Sup all, I'm a very low budget guitist/bassist/vocalist living in an apartment. I have a closet in my bedroom which I want to use as a tracking/vocal booth. Is it best to have alot of space for both or one or the other? Or could I just slap some pads up in the closet? I was thinking I could just run the cords under the door and monitor through headphones sitting at my comp? Sry if this has been asked before! But I was to lazy to look :p.

Thx,
livilaNic

livilaNic said:
Sup all, I'm a very low budget guitist/bassist/vocalist living in an apartment. I have a closet in my bedroom which I want to use as a tracking/vocal booth. Is it best to have alot of space for both or one or the other? Or could I just slap some pads up in the closet? I was thinking I could just run the cords under the door and monitor through headphones sitting at my comp? Sry if this has been asked before! But I was to lazy to look :p.

Thx,
livilaNic

I don't know if it's the right way to do it or not, but I just did the same thing. So far it seems to be working out. JMO

Did you sound proof the closet or just leave it the way it was? Do you have any of your recordings that I could hear? Maybe like just a vocal part or a guitar/bass part?

Thx,
livilaNic

Back