vm200 question

buzzjump

Hi everybody,
I'm a newbie in here and here's my problem:
I use a vm200/vr800 combination and I just don't manage to hear the return signal of the vm200 inserts neither the return signal of the auxsends via insert when I'm in the 9-16 block.

I'm sure there must be a simple answer but it's not in the manual.
thanks in advance

Which aux-sends are you using? 1 & 2 intermal or 1-4 as external?
External sends need to be returned to an analog channel. The internal FX sends (1&2) are returned to channels 17-20. I'm at work and not right in front of my VM200, but there should be an option in the set-up screens that choose how the Aux's behave.

As far as the inserts, I have no idea. Mine work like a charm. There is no setting that would affect the inserts. And you're using a TRS insert cable and not just a TR Y-cable?

I have a vm200 and the vr800 but havn't used them much yet. I got them in a trade for some musical instruments. I bought a mr 8 and have been learning alot from recording projects with it. Any pros or cons on these two pieces? They are pretty much like new. Are they worth keeping? The vr800 has a 5 gig hard drive which isn't much but I don't do more than one song at a time. Also it has a scsi out plug. Can that be used for a external hard drive or to interface with a pc? Lots of ? Thanks in advance Mike

mstevens 51 said:
I have a vm200 and the vr800 but havn't used them much yet. I got them in a trade for some musical instruments. I bought a mr 8 and have been learning alot from recording projects with it. Any pros or cons on these two pieces? They are pretty much like new. Are they worth keeping? The vr800 has a 5 gig hard drive which isn't much but I don't do more than one song at a time. Also it has a scsi out plug. Can that be used for a external hard drive or to interface with a pc? Lots of ? Thanks in advance Mike

how much do you want for the vm200 and vr800?

JR#97, I was more intersted in finding out info on the vm and the vr. But I'am into this stuff about $650 so if I was to sell it I'd want somewhere around that. Or trade for something more portable. Mike

Back