Visual problems with audio tracks

ManDooM

I just joined the ranks of the Sonar 3 Producer users this weekend. And so far I'm glad :P

I'm doing my first project and I saved it as a Bundle. When I re-opened it all the audio tracks still sounded exactly as I recorded them, but visually it was all screwed up. All peaks on the lines are wrong. In some tracks it's like the line shifted sideways a bar or two. It others it's like they were completely replaced with another track.

So naturally the sound and visuals don't match at all. I tried re-opening many times but it doesn't work. If I had more experience with Sonar I could probably explain this better, sorry.

Previous versions of Sonar store wave images in a folder named "Picture Cache". May be that somehow the indexes to the pictures are messed up. You could try renaming the old one folder (with Sonar not running) and creating a new one. Might work.

Clearing your picture cache

It was written for Sonar 2, however as long as you make sure you get the right directory for the picture cache it will work...

Personally I only follow the first three steps and leave the bat file on my desktop and when required, jump out of Sonar, run, and start 'er back up again.

Porter

Back